Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Changes and questions

Yes, I know I have not posted here in forever. Life is just too hectic to stop and smell the roses sometimes. But, today I decided I need to do just that. I need to get my thoughts and feelings out.
Things are happening right now in our little family that I am trying to put into perspective. Lil guy is starting pre-K this school year, Medium guy is going to second grade, and big guy just got offered a possible new job.
I am trying to get my p's and q's together cause this possible new job is in Florida. I have applied for my teaching certification there and applied in needed counties. (That is hard to type when you have been in parishes all your life.) I have been looking at schools' scores to see whether or not my children will have a good education. Also looking at housing, but that is not on the top of the list of things to do.
This possible change has me feeling weird. I am nervous and excited all at the same time. It is a change that I think will do my guys and me some good. If the hours big guy was quoted are true, this would be a BIG BIG BIG help in my happiness. I love having big guy around to help with the little guys. I also think it would take some of the negativity away from our lives. It is a something we need, but alas it may not happen.
See we bought a double wide mansion and placed it on a dump lot. The people who set up our mansion must not have been able to read cause they blocked it wrong so the mansion is NOT leveled. Of course the pieces that hold the home still are cemented into the ground and well It would be a headache to level oh and money! SO needless to say our home is not in the greatest shape.
We have been here for 8 years and well things are falling off. Big guy and I are planning on doing some of this work to replace, but things like a cracked bathtub, screwed up plumbing, unleveled doors and oh a dishwasher that cannot be fixed unless you tear apart the cabinet are wreaking havoc on us. Not to mention we are both not handy people. I am sure we can read a couple handyman for dummy books and figure it out, but we don't have time or that green stuff called money.
We would have to sell our house the way it is. YEAH RIGHT! I just don't see it happening. But, I will leave that to my best friend in Heaven. He will lead me to the right paths.
May be if I want this so badly, it will happen. Oh and I do want this so badly. I keep telling myself God will not lead to a path that He cannot get me through. My Faith and trust is in HIM!

So if you know a good, cheap handyman or woman who would like to help us out with these repairs or show us what to do, give us a holla!
You are ALL invited to PENSACOLA if we move! Just call before you come so we know to go buy food and sleeping bags. If we don't move y'all are still invited to visit, just give us a heads up so we can buy FOOD and figure out sleeping arrangements. We love company.

1 comment:

Lori Lyons said...

So glad you shared your blog! I'll keep reading if you keep writing!!!

Cousin Lo