Thursday, November 6, 2008

Let's play catch up

Wow it is almost a month that I have posted.
Not much important going on here in our house. We are having major issues with Kaleb at school. He has been coming home with many sad faces for petty things. How do you get a 5 year oldto understand he needs to eat and not play with his food. He needs to quit playing in the restroom. We have tried no TV. We have tried no toy room time, no computer time and spanking.
We have tried the positive approach. You give us 5 days of smiley faces in return you get something. NOTHING HAS WORKED! Well yes something has worked to help. I have to isolate him from me. As long as he can talk and be near me or Brady he is fine, but take away his communication with an adult and it drives him bananas. I guess it is called tough love, but I hate feeling like I am pushing him away.
We are home today because Kaleb had a visit to the emergency room last night. He has a bad case of Swimmer's ear, but we thought for sure it was an infection. At 9:30 last night he was screaming in his sleep and asked to be taken to the doctor. So because we stayed at the emergency room til past midnight..I decided we needed to stay home. Maybe a day with mom and dad will get him to listen too. I have to run some errands today so he can help me.
I am taking suggestions on how to handle this situation.. now mind you he does go to a private Catholic school.
Ok enough about Kaleb, let me talk about my littlest man, Logan, or as he calls himself Gogan. I love it. He is so intelligent. He is now speaking in sentences. He uses his manners quite well also. And he loves to play, but if momma gets out of his site for too long (other than daycare) the boy gets lonesome. He does the cutest things. Like he loves to watch football with Brady, he will sit and of course keep telling you footbal football, football. And when the team starts making a good run, he stands up and yells go go go! It is just too cute. He also does the Sign of the Cross with the words not just the motion. I love when he says Amen he clasps his little hands together. He is growing up so quickly and it is scary yet a relief. HE wants to wear underwear so I let him until he uses all what he has. He is very demanding and stubborn though. But can be gentle and sweet on the drop of a dime.
I seriously love my two boys. They are the world.
I recently got to have some free from mommy job time. My dearest, best friend invited me to attend the New Kids on the Block concert. Oh MY GOSH! I still think my favorites are handsome. I loved every minute of the concert, but the best part of the whole night was being able to cut up with my friend, Lainie. Oh how I miss her so much. Just reminiscing about all the boys we thought were cute back when we were 12 to about oh hell 17. Man, I wonder how many knew we drooled over them at night. I hadn't laughed in months and Lainie helped me that night. I laughed so much that my New Kids concert night rush lasted for another week. It was much needed me time and I am happy I got to experience it.
Now if I can convince my mom to watch my boys for Black Friday... I want to spend another day with her. Or may be even my big sis Nina.
Well I am dead tired and thinking about heading to the Brownie store as Kaleb calls it and getting me a fancy coffee.
I'll post Halloween pictures later. I think I have some.

No comments: