Monday, January 26, 2009

I wish I were a kid again

First I want to start by thanking my friend Kim for the award she gave my blog. It's called the Honesty Scrap Award! I didn't really read through her whole blog about it but I did read my directions. Problem is I don't know seven blogs

Here are the rules:

Rule #1: Choose a minimum of 7 blogs that you find brilliant in content or design.
Rule #2: Show the 7 winners' names and links on your blog, and leave a comment informing them that they were prized with the "Honest Scrap" award.
Rule #3: List at least ten honest things about yourself.


I'll do the ten honest things about myself.

1. Just like my friend Kim i hate shopping.Including shoe shopping. I hate crowds. I hate lines. I hate the money that it takes.

2.I miss my best friend Lainie and secretly wish either she would move here or I could move back there just so I could spend time with her.

3. I must be the only daughter in law in the world that gets along better with her mother in law than her own mom.

4. I use to be a person with high self esteem but along the route of my teaching career have developed a complex about not being good at things. What the hell happened to me?

5. I have become a person I would hope I never would be. I am happy to say I am slowly kicking this habit, but I have my days of defeat.

6. In the same sentence I can say I love not living down the bayou but wish I were still down there. Does that make sense?

7. Wish I had the life of some people I have befriended,but have to realize life doesn't work that way.

8. I am really trying to understand why my husband has a hard time with religion, but at the same time wishes he would come with me to church.

9. As much as some people think I am not I am HAPPY with my life, just wish I had made better financial decisions when I was younger.

10. I really want to be the person everyone remembers me to be. I am trying hard! I am getting over my hump of depression. I just have to remember to stay with the right people and let God handle everything.

Now for my title of this blog. I really do wish I were a kid again. I have been sick for 4 days now. It sucks to be a momma and being sick. You don't get the recoup time you need unless you send the kids to school and take the day off of work just so you can sleep it off.
As much as my husband and in-laws tried to help my recouping time it helped a little but not a whole lot. My in-laws took Kaleb yesterday which helped to only have Logan to look after, but he decided he was going to be hard headed and not sleep. So I chased and fussed all day yesterday. Saturday, Brady kept Kaleb quiet while Logan and I napped. Still great but Logan is a horrible sleeper. So honestly, until today when after I dropped the boys off at school and slept the rest of the day.. I did not feel well.
The other thing that I longed for was some of my Maw-Maw's chicken soup. When I was a kid, when Maw-Maw knew we were sick she always made us a chicken and rice soup... or as she called it soup de mallad (?) soup of the sick. I miss my chicken soup this weekend. I made me one tonight and boy did it make me feel better. Wasn't like Maw-Maw's but close enough. Another reason why I miss down the bayou.
I miss being a kid when you were able to forget about everything when you were sick and just get better. Now I must chase after my 5 and 2 year olds and give them a bath while trying to not fall asleep from taking Tylenol Cold and sudafed all day.
Anybody else want to share what they miss about being a kid? Drop me a line!

1 comment:

Heidi said...

I really like being a grown up. I can make cookies whenever I want to!
Ok if I have to miss anything it would be the way it felt to run really fast, to swing really high, and to navigate the high rings with my calloused hands. I miss laying in the leaves without worrying what kind of bugs were getting on me. I miss having time to look at flowers all day. I miss the smell of my 4th grade classroom closet which was an art room, and smelled like paint and felt like opportunity, like masterpieces waiting to emerge.