Sunday, May 31, 2009

The ups and downs of life

Excuse me if I ramble in this blog because I am not quite sure what I want to write about.
This week was my first week off from work. Though I have many more weeks of summer left I wanted it to be somewhat special for my little family. Brady was off Monday- Wednesday which is VERY VERY VERY rare. And we didn't do anything super special except for take a trip down the bayou.
On Monday we dodged rain storms and made our way to the mall. While there we visited the arcade. After 5 dollars in the arcade we walked the mall. It was pretty quiet for day that everyone usually has off. We then had dinner at Logan's Steakhouse and a trip tp the much dreaded Wal-Mart for Pull-ups. We had decided that this night was going to be Family Movie Night so we took advantage of the $1 RedBox. We rented a cute little movie named Bolt. We got home everyone got a bath and together as a family we watched Bolt. It was awesome and the kids sat entertained the whole time.
Tuesday we headed to my mom and dad's to spend some time with my grandmother. The following day she was having a valve replaced in her heart and she wanted to visit with her grandkids before the surgery. Visit with her grandkids she did. Brady, the boys, and I got there first. After being there 10 minutes my baby brother, his ever so pregnant wife, and my Godchild arrived. About 5 minutes after they arrived, my middle brother, his wife, and their 3 girls arrived. I think my grandma wanted to cry because we were all there..well excpet for my poor younger brother who had to work and was dying to be there. While MAw-Maw visited with my sisters-in-law and the newest baby girl in our family the rest of us headed outdoors with Paw-Paw and the kiddos. I had fun chasing the kids trying to get some good pictures of them all together. I got a few and then my little neices decided they would pose for me. I'll post some shot after I write my blog. We knew Maw-Maw had to be up early so we took our family party up the road to Mom and dad's house were we all ate dinner. Mom had not prepared for her whole brood and had to pull leftovers out the freezer.
Wednesday was a tough day in my life. The night before we had explained to Kaleb we were down the bayou so that momma could go to Maw Rene's surgery at the hospital and that he and Logan were staying at Maw-Maw Rita's with Daddy. HE replied with the most gut wrenching answer...Is Maw-Maw Rene going to Heaven? WOW! My child related hospital with death and I didn't even know what to say. We explained that it was just surgery and maw-maw would be fine. But, in my head I was thinking along the same lines as my son. WOuld she come out of this alive. She is a woman who has many allergies and has a hard time with medicines.
OK back to Wednesday.. I woke up at 3:30 AM to get ready to travel with my mom to the hospital to be there for who ever needed my shoulder to lean on. We walked into maw-maw's holding room about 3 minutes before they took her to the back. I got what I needed to give me the courage to make it through the operation---her smile. We walked out and began our wait. Memories flooded over me.. my dad had the exact same surgery and the thoughts of the wait and what we saw and heard after the surgery worried me. My dad hadn't seen himself after his surgery was he going to be able to handle seeing his mom this way. My aunt hadn't witnessed the traumatic experience either and i knew it would be hard on her. So I did what any normal worried granddaughter would do.. I tried to get every one to laugh. And I did get to look more at ease. I walked with my grandpa up and down the halls of the hospital making him laugh when I said "Paw, I'm not the young girl I use to be... My bladder doesn't hold well anymore.. I need to pee." My grandpa laughed so hard. I promised him he could buy me lunch in the hospital cafeteria later and he laughed again.
The best thing I witnessed while my grandma was in and coming out of surgery was the love my grandpa's family has for him and my grandma. While sitting there waiting for the surgery my grandpa's sister and her husband showed up and sat with us while we waited. So did one of my grandpa's younger brothers. It was great to see them there because it showed how much they cared and it showed that they realized how much my grandma loved them. All of my grandpas brothers and sisters showed up at the hospital. Only 2 could nto make it and one was because he was working and the other was because she just can't travel much anymore. But the LOVE and Respect for each other were there. They each shared our joy, our comfort, and our worries. That is what a true family does in these situtations.
I witnessed many things that day and one day I may share it with people. But I first want to share it with my grandma when she is ready to hear it. Right now I want her to recover well and continue to be our rock for our family.
Oh let me get to the Brady staying with the boys. He has the magic touch. Logan slept until 9 and Kaleb until 10 that day. I was back at my mom and dad's by 1.So Kuddos to my husband for doing such a fabulous job with the boys that day. He was very nervous about it. You did well darling.
We ended our mini vacation with a trip to Lakeside Mall to get our Disney gift Cards to spend in Disney World. That is right in 42 more days we will be leaving for Disney for a week. The boys are excited. They have been behaving very well this past week.
I really wanted to write about something else tonight, but the words just aren't coming to me the way I want it to read. I may write another blog this week.
I want to just take the time to Thank God for getting Maw-Maw through the surgery and a wonderful recovery, for guiding Brady when taking care of the boys and for letting him understand my need to be at the surgery. I want to thank my friend Gina for helping me out with my problem I was having. You hit the nail on the head and you gave me the guidance I needed. THANKS! I pray that Gina's baby goes through training well and he serves his country the best he can. Semper Fi Nolan!
I pray for Kami and Ken. My God bring you peace and guidance through this diffcult time. If not Kami, I will buy him a blow up doll and you can live with us.
Thank you Lord and thank you my family for being there for me!

No comments: