Thursday, August 25, 2011

Our new life

Yes, it's been a while! I was getting settled or trying to get settled.

We have been here for almost a month and it still doesn't feel like home. Just feels like we are on an extended vacation. I guess if I had a job I would feel more like a home.

Yes, you read correctly, I am a unemployed teacher who has become a stay at home mom. I don't know how to be a stay at home mom. I clean, cook, and surf the net for employment. That is my life right now. Ummm yeah not for me!
We have found an awesome church. I am really trying to become involved with church. I applied to be a religion teacher assistant and to help with the nursery during Sunday mass. I felt a connection immediately to do all this. God is working.

Speaking of God, I am truly relying on Him at this point. I pray plenty. I pray for guidance. I pray in thanksgiving for giving me the blessings I have earned, I pray for help and control. The same words keep coming to me Be still and listen. Be patient! I am really trying to be obedient, but whoaa it is tough.
I am seriously trying to be a better momma. I have been trying to control my nagging.But, it is happening to slowly for me. I realized that telling my kids I want them to do something instead of do it is helping. PRAISE PRAISE PRAISE seems to help with one, but not the other.

It's tough to divide up my time with the two of them. Little man goes to PRe-K class from 8:15 until 11:15 so he has my attention from 11:15 until 2:10 and before I bring him to school. We play Wii or read stories. Things he likes to do. But when middle man comes home I like to give him the attention he needs. I want him to know I am listening to HIM. But, it is hard cause Little man gets jealous. So I usually cut Middle man's time and we do something all together. Mostly vegetate on the couch cause thunderstorms pop up right as he gets off the bus. Then, we do homework (if you are a parent of one of my former student's.. I apologize for giving homework) It has just been reading so far so not too bad cause little man loves to be read to. But, I know when math, science, SS and other things come home little man will be doing all he can to get my attention.

Life was rough the first couple weeks and we are starting to get in the swing of things. We are getting situated with everything. Middle man loves his school. Little man is having trouble cause he is smart and knows Momma is home and I could be with her, Big man seems to enjoy his new job (doesn't seemed as stressed out), and me I am applying to jobs, visiting the technical college to may be pursue a nursing degree, and well Keeping it all together.

The best thing out of this move is I am finally getting my whole little family to church on Sundays! That in my opinion is the BEST!

Since I have time on my hands I am going to try to write weekly possibly twice a week. Stay tuned for adventures of Three guys and a girl as we live our new life in Florida!

No comments: