Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Don't know how to feel!




Tomorrow my oldest son begins a new chapter in his life. His chapter would be entitled School years section 1 Pre-K at Carencro Catholic. I am faced with many fears tonight as I type this. First one being will I be able to see this whole experience as a mommy and not a teacher. Last night I was already checking out the whole place in a teacher's perspective. But, it hit me I am a momma with a school aged kid now. What where did my childhood go. Where did my being a young person go? I have a kid that starts school tomorrow and in 14 more years will be graduating high school...AGHHHHH!
I am so happy that he gets to be in a setting with children again. The boy was starting to act like an adult and I hate it. I am sad that my baby is growing up so fast, but I am so excited that he gets to embark on his new chapter. I want him to learn so much. Just hope I am not to hard on him with school work. I know he will sit and do his homework then he can play. I know that when I get a phone call from his teacher saying he is misbehaving HIS DADDY will handle it because he is just like his daddy. I hope he doesn't get bored. I hope he makes new friends. I can't wait for him to have sleep overs and things.
As I write I am teary eyed ( I said I wasn't going to do that), but he is talking to his imaginary friend at the moment about how he has to be good as Catholic school. Wow, where did my baby go. Guess I better hold tight to the other bruiser.. I mean baby. I have pictures of staged 1st day of school. I can't be there to get pictures of him getting into class so we staged it. Isn't he a doll?

3 comments:

Victoria said...

I would have never thought to stage a first day of school!! Great idea if you can't be there!
They get big so fast :( My oldest will be starting Pre-K Thursday and it makes me wonder where all the time has gone?!

sarahandava said...

Awwwwww! he looks adorable in his uniform! Can you imagine when you will have 2 of them going!!!

Timberly said...

Hey Sarah! When I have two going to school. I think I will be doing the jig.. No more daycare woes (woe the tuition for daycare it is more than Kaleb's tuition for school)