Friday, August 8, 2008

New day, new year, new age

Yes new day... Today is the day everyone was waiting for this year 08-08-08. That is everyone except me. This day means returning to work to teach a new grade level. As much as I say I am worried about this grade level... I think I have it down. I am super excited about my lesson planning and curriculum that I have my first full week of teaching Math and Language arts written. I am leary about looking at Social Studies, but I will get there.
So a new day will mean meeting new students to help in obtaining their education. I pray that I can stay positive and help my little students learn and be excited to learn.
A new year-- Yeap a new year of teaching. Wow 8 years down and starting my 9th. I would not have thought I would still be here. My son starts school on the 13th and wow let me tell you never in my life did I think I would have a kid going to school. I am thankful that God had blessed me with the chance to witness getting a kid to school and doing homework. This should be fun because our little guy thinks he knows it all. I am trying to introduce him to reading and umm I will drive myself nuts on this. I guess I'll leave it to the teacher. I just hope my little students have a different thought about wanting me to teach them.
Our baby boy is doing well at his new daycare. I just wish his dang eye teeth would finish sprouting out so that he can stop being cranky.
New age- Yeap today embarks on a new age for me. My 31st birthday is today and boy do I have the best gift- first day of school and my husband leaving to go for weekend to watch Saints practice and work. Yeap I so look forward to this day, for God has blessed me with another year. Hopefully this new age will be better than last year. WOw I am officially in the 30's age bracket. Oh well time to get the little one up and dressed. I'll post this evening, if I have time, on how my first day with 7 year olds turned out.
Have a blessed day everyone! Be safe and careful with the new school year!

1 comment:

Kim said...

Happy Birthday Timberly!!

I hope you had a nice first day at school.