Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Trying to stay positive

Ok so I I haven't posted since last Tuesday. I think I need to pick a day and post. I just don;t have the time nor the energy to post each day. So I think I will post on Wednesdays. Well at least try to post on Wednesdays.
Well here is my post for this week.
As we all know I was asked to step down to a second grade position after 8 years of teaching 4th and 5th graders. I was not too keen on the idea, but decided to take the challenge. Well the more I thought about it over the summer the sicker I would get and guess what all the worries I had are happening. Oh my goodness... do seven year olds really not understand sitting down for at least 5 minutes without digging in their desk or tying their shoes. I swear I know my oldest son is not that wiggly and he's only going to be 5. Everyone says to talk to them like they are my kid. Nope can't do that because when I talk to my boys they understand concepts. Man, I really am having a hard time staying positive through this whole ordeal. I really feel someone has set me up for failure. Sure I have my class walking in a straight line down the hall and my lesson plans are considered to be super...but I really can't help but wonder if these kids are learning anything. I hate not being able to tell. They are constantly moving and it irritates me to pieces.
I really am trying to stay positive! But, the more people ask me how it's going the more I want to just sit and cry about it. I find myself saying lots of prayers throughout the day and lots of breathing exercises. Just pray that I can make it through the year without having to medicate myself ( I am just kidding).
On a lighter note, Kaleb is doing wonderful with school. Last night he had homework and even though the poor child has 2 pushy parents, he got through his homework without much fussing. Poor baby he just starts Pre-K and mom and dad are hovering over him to do his homework. Daddy got a little more impatient than mommy. Kaleb was a trooper though he had his moments but he wrote most of his answers by himself. We can't let him play before homework or we have trouble on our hands. Oh and if Logan is around we have to peel him off of us for us to help Kaleb. This ought to be fun when Brady is at work and I have to do homework with Kaleb. Yeap sounds fun to me.
If anyone plans to visit us anytime soon, please call well in advance. You can tell I started back to work because well I haven't been doing the housework like I should. The clothes is washed and some folded, but it sits on the fireplace ledge and the chaise lounge.
I am so looking forward to Friday. I think I may be making some new friends this school...their names Jose and Jack. Oh well I am exhausted and I have a LONG day tomorrow. At least I have most of my lesson planning done for next week. It is due Thursday.

Have a great rest of the week!

No comments: