Sunday, October 5, 2008

Another birthday party done

Everyone singing happy birthday!
Kaleb was a policeman
The kids in front of the police car!


Today we celebrated our Kaleb's birthday. He officially turns 5 on Thursday at 6:59 PM, but hey it is close enough.
Everyone seemed to have enjoyed themselves at least I hope. I was super excited of the fact that my cousin who I consider to be my big sister, drove the 2 hours to come. She and my brother were the only family from my side here and it made me feel extra loved. My brother and I had an acorn fight which brought back lots of memories of childhood days.
I wasn't the only one reliving my childhood. Brady's cousin , his wife, and their children came and that always makes Brady happy. It is great that they have moved closer because now Brady sees his cousin more often and they were really close as kids.
Also we gave the kids water guns so my wonderful husband decided to get in on the action and pulled out the super soaker. The kids had a BLAST!
We had a policeman come in his unit to let Kaleb sit in the car and play with the sirens. We were supposed to have a fire engine, but as it was waiting for the police man to come with it....It got called to a fire. How awesome that he got to sit in the police car and turn on the sirens. I was so happy for him.
I hope my son realizes just how special these birthday parties are for me. My mom never went through the trouble of making parties for my brothers and I. Well at least not parties where friends were invited it was always just immediate family.
So the cake is gone, the decorations down, and right now Daddy is playing with Kaleb and his toys. Logan is cranky but that's OK he'll go to bed earlier.
So next birthday party is in January. That will be fun. I think we will have gumbo for Logan's party.
For all who came... thanks for making Kaleb's party a huge fun time for him. Thank you for the gifts and thank you God for letting it be a beautiful day.

No comments: