Monday, June 2, 2008

I know I missed yesterday!

I have a good reason why I missed yesterday. Guy#1 officially began his week vacation and the little guys and I took advantage of the first day. We traveled to Alexandria to the zoo. I personally love this zoo because it is small, SHADED, and cheap (well gas isn't cheap). We left about 10 AM and first visited the gas station....the Explorer needed gas and daddy desperately needed some sunglasses. Got what we needed and off to the zoo. For some reason guy# 3 thinks that when Guy#1 is driving he must yell on the top of lungs. When I drive our littlest guy just sings along with the radio, but when his daddy drives he has a yelling competition which starts of with a loud daddy and ends in a screeching yelling of DADDDDY! Oh we were going to be in for a long day because it make the big guy antsy. I told my big guy that I notice he does this alot in the tub also. But, once we put in his earplugs it stops. Maybe I'll start bringing his ear plugs on trips.
SO we stop to eat an McDonald's before heading to the zoo. We do it every time...we tell our 1st little guy about the day and then BOOM he refuses to think about anything else. He barely ate lunch. We had to threaten to turn back around with no trip to the zoo for him just to eat the meat and cheese and a handful of fries. Finish up at Mickey D's and now we are off to the fun stuff.
We arrive at the zoo and see lots of cars. Now this is a small zoo so we think great it will be packed. Nope we barely saw anyone. It was a great trip. Our littlest guy talked (babbled) the whole time. He rode in the wagon and was content until we took him out so that he could see an animal. He wanted to pet every animal. He is just too funny. He clicks his tongue to beckon the animal and then he calls it SpongeBob which is the name of the neighbor's dog. SO every animal was SpongeBob.
Guy #2 really has a one track mind and all he was worried about was we were going to miss riding the train or we weren't going to see any snakes. The boy is only interested in snakes since we had one in our house and we don't know where it has gone and alligators since we saw an alligator show two weekends ago. He really didn't pay much attention to the animals, but had a blast riding the caboose of the train, feeding the fish, and putting change in the donation coin thing that spins the coins like a toilet bowl.
Well we leave the zoo and decide we really want to get the boys a DVD player for the car so we head to Target. We got the Disney Dual DVD players. AHHHHH peace on the ride home. The # 2 put on the earphones and was mesmerized by Little Einsteins. Guy# 3 after a little fussing fell into a coma..I mean deep sleep. It was great! When we get near the Bayou Chicot exit the big guy asks if I am still interested in visiting it. I said sure let's go. So we drive there and I fall in love. I think we have found us a new place to vacation. The place is awesome and we didn't even stay. Heck we even thought about driving to the nearest Wally World and getting provisions for a nightly stay at a cabin but came to our senses. Ok so we are definitely booking a trip there.
After our trip around Bayou Chicot State Park we decide to drop in on Mammy and Pampy for dinner. We picked up Popeye's to end our day with Mammy and Pampy. The little guys had fun and both had their baths before we left. Thank God Mammy had PJ's for Guy# 2.
It was a great day! My guys and I were able to spend some great family time together and no one got mad at each other. Now today may be a different story..Today we start our clean sweep of the house. We will see our day goes. First room up... the master suite... time to get rid of the clothes that doesn't fit! Watch out Goodwill we will be coming many times to drop off stuff. Wish I could do a yard sale...just don't have the time. I may be able to post tonight.. if not everyone have a great day and much love!

No comments: