Monday, June 16, 2008

We are alive and well

Sorry I haven't posted in a while, but life has been busy. Ok not too busy, but alot of mommy and kiddie bonding is happening. We have been playing lots of pretending games. I have hunted, fished, found treasure, buried treasure, became a ghost, and defended my fort in the past week. Whew that's alot of traveling. Thank God gas prices are high I may not have had the chance to travel so much.
Sunday my big guy was off so we headed to my parents house in good ole' Chauvin (many of you know it as Cocodrie). I created my daddy a very touching slide show of his kids and grandkids with the song "That's My Job" by Conway Twitty. I had everyone is tears because I always write from the heart and the song is really not an uplifting song. We had some delicious grub. My mom mad a big pot of Shrimp and Okra gumbo for me and my brothers and roast, baked chicken, green beans, and corn for her in-laws. My grandparents joined us and my Paw-Paw was fussed at just as much as my two boys. It was great to be surrounded by my family. I miss them very much, but no I have a brother who will be closer.
We spent the night at a hotel down there so that our little guys could swim in a big pool instead of our "sit down and get you bottom wet" pool that we have here. The guy# 1 and 2 swam from 7:30 until 10 last night. The littlest guy and I swam for about an hour. He so needed to go to bed. No nap for him is not a great thing. We had an awesome time and I hope my husband enjoyed his Father's day in Cocodrie and swimming with his boys.

No comments: