Monday, June 9, 2008

Refreshed! That's what would describe it!

I have a very refreshed feeling today!
We are back from our weekend getaway and it was so deserving. The weekend was great! The big guy and I splurged on ourselves which we never do. We left Friday evening at about 5 and got back into Chez Aymond at 5:30 yesterday.
I'll go ahead a describe our trip. As I said we left at 5 on Friday.... I know what were we thinking of leaving at 5 didn't we remember it was traffic city on the interstate. Nah not a problem...we stopped in Henderson at Chicken on the Bayou to pick up some boudin balls and a link of crawfish boudin for me. OOOO WEEE that was some good eating. We head into Gonzales. Big guy needed some sunglasses to be able to walk in the sunny streets of N.O. this weekend so we stop at Tanger outlet to pick up a pair and look for a swimsuit for moi. Got the sunglasses left with no swimsuit.
We arrived at one of the best hotels we have stayed at (Courtyard Marriott in Metarie on galleria Dr.) at about 8. We decide we need to get to Target at the Lakeview Mall to pick up some drinks and snacks. Well we both ended leaving with a new swimsuit. Brady was stoked about his new find. I was proud of him also. We left and grabbed supper from Arby's. Went back to the hotel settled in, ate dinner, and then went to bed to prepare for our day the next day.
Saturday we woke up at 7 AM. Anyone who knows the big guy that is VERY EARLY for him. We went got ready for our downtown N.O. day of walking and touring. Our room rate came with breakfast for both of us both days and I'm not talking toast, and cereal.. I'm saying real breakfast. YUMMMYYYY!
After breakfast we headed to the D-Day museum. And oh my goodness if you had someone serve in WWII you must visit this museum. It is phenomenal. I must say I really thought I was going to be bored out my mind, but I LOVED it. Lot of stuff you don't learn about in school. It was much reading, but well worth the money we paid. We got discounts because it was D-Day weekend. We could have probably spent the entire day there, but the museum was closing early for a gala that evening. If you go please don't bring small children. In fact children under the age of 12 may not understand and there are many graphic (not nude) pictures in the place. Some of the pictures were hard for me to stomach much less a child. But, then again this would be a great place for kids to learn about their history. It is self guided and it could take a whole day to read everything. Both Brady and I wish we would have had more time to read! The things we learned from this museum. AWESOME!
After the museum we headed to the French Quarter. We walked from our parking spot by the aquarium to the Jax Brewery for lunch. We had the best sandwiches. As much as we tried to stay on our lifestyle change New Orleans changes you back to your old ways. We ate and headed our way tho the French Market. We both not fans of it so we just walked on the outskirts. We dropped into Margaritaville and got us each a drink. Now only in N.O. can you walk down a street with a drink in your hand and never be stopped.
I'll post more later we have pictures at 9:30 and I need to get both little guys fed and dressed! Enjoy our adventure so far it gets better!

1 comment:

Kim said...

Chicken on the Bayou is one of our favorite places to grab a bite. It's about 30 seconds from my house. I wish I had known you would have been in the area.