Monday, June 9, 2008

Ok time to finish the story

Well to continue. We walk the rest of the French Market picked up our two little guys each a t-shirt. We decide we want to walk next to the river so we climb the steps to get to that point. Well at the top of the steps there is this man who is playing the saxophone. He jumps in front of us and starts singing. I mean not back from us but right in my face. AND YUCK HIS MOUTH! The more I would back away the closer her would get. We listened to him sing and then he asks us to buy his CD. I plan out tel him I HAVE NO CASH! He says there is an ATM right there. I was so grossed out I told my big guy lets go. We continued our walk next to the river. And being the bayou raised girl I am I enjoyed every minute of the river breeze. We went on down to the Riverwalk and had us an order of Cafe du Monde beignets. OH MY GOODNESS!! HEAVEN ON EARTH! We decide to head back to the hotel for a swim and then get ready for dinner. Brady swam and I read my book for about an hour and then it started to rain. But, no sooner we were in the building it stopped. Typical Louisiana weather. We got ready for dinner and headed to Zeas. YUMMMY! Brady had ribs, roasted potatoes, and corn grits. I had roasted chicken, braised cabbage, and roasted potatoes. Could that place get any better each time you eat there. Another heaven on earth experience. After eating we headed to an indoor putt putt golf course and had a blast. Brady and I always seem to do corny kiddie things on our nights together, Hell our first date was to Chuck E. Cheese.
After our golfing trip we decide we wanted ice cream so we head out to find a Chase Bank to get some cash to go to Marble Slab. Well we go to the first ATM it is out of order. We go to the second ATM and my debit card gets stuck. It would not come out. I am freaking out thinking I can't leave my card in the ATM and wait until Monday for some service. Well after many many prayers to God the ATM decided my card didn't taste all that good. Oh did I mention it was a drive thru ATM and people were waiting behind us. We suddenly scraped the idea of Marble Slab and head to a Rite Aid for Blue Bell and a four pack of White Zinfendal. Yeah that ATM issue had me needing some drinks. Back to the hotel, ate our ice cream, killed the little bottles of wine, and watch Fool's Gold. Brady fell asleep as we were watching the movie.
The next morning we slept in a little. We head down to the breakfast area for another wonderful meal. We headed back to Port Barre to pick up our boys. We called to say we were on our way and Mammy said she was going to take guy # 2 to the movies to see Kung- fu Panda. Well we take advantage of this and hit up the MAll of LA. Bath and body works and Yankee Candle had AWESOME SALES. We loved our time of being able to look at things and not rush through the mall. After the mall we decide to have lunch at Logan's in Baton Rouge. OH WAS IT BAD !!! We waited an hour for our food. The ticket got lost, the ticket wasn't put in ....what ever the case I ate half my steak because I was hungry but only half because it was medium rare and I wanted medium well. I didn't even eat my whole veggie skewer because it was NOT cooked. I WAS PISSED! The waitress came to our table and said the manager would take care of the bill. I asked to speak to the manager. She could not find him. I told big guy lets go. Oh guess where the horrible manager was... out back having a smoke. UGHHH I WAS SO FLAMING HOT! But, hey we ate for free. Off to get our boys and it was a great welcome back. Littlest guy would not let me go.
We came back to chez Aymond and had Pizzaville USA pizza. What a great weekend with my guy # 1, but boy did I miss guy # 2 and 3. I think that may be the extent of our vacationing this summer. GAS is crazy. OK so who pissed off the gas fairies because you got explaining to do. We wanted to go to SeaWorld, but hmm 400 dollars just in gas I think not.

1 comment:

sarahandava said...

Timberly after reading that blog you have made me so, so, so very hungry...lol