Monday, June 23, 2008

Just another day

So today was just a regular ordinary day. The little guys and I headed out to Target to get diapers, and toilet bowl cleaner. It was all on sale so woohoo for us. Of course my little guys were on their best behavior while we shopped so they were rewarded. I even stopped at the Dollar Tree to check out their teaching supplies. Cute little incentive things for 1 dollar...you just have to love it. I was totally happy with the way both boys behaved.
We came home unloaded our buys and then off to play in the yard. As you can tell we do about an hour of play time in the morning so that Daddy can sleep without interruption. Today's imaginary play consisted of us being farmers and train station workers. Guy #2 has a battery operated tractor with trailer that was a tractor to haul dirt and then a train to deliver people around the yard. The littlest guy had enough so we came in and had lunch and he went down for his 2 hour nap. Big guy woke up and had his breakfast and went have his fun on his computer game. I took advantage of peace and after folding towels went read my book. Middle guy was watching his cartoons in the living room.
Once littlest guy woke from his nap we headed back to our outside play. We played kick the ball for awhile. I decided to put the boys' swimming pool back up and was able to find the only level place in our backyard. Yeah I back yard is a war zone between unleveled terrain and glass coming up from the ground.
Tonight we traveled into Lafayette and rewarded the little guys with a trip to Chuck E. Cheese. Of course big and middle guy had a blast, but little guy and mom were having a battle. I refuse to let him down to run around in CEC, but Mr. Independent was battling me until I just got tired. It was a great time for every to share. Now we are home and I wish my middle guy would GO TO SLEEP ! I am tired of listening to the darn cartoons.
Oh well I must enjoy this time.

2 comments:

Nicole said...

I love the Dollar Tree. I just went there the other day and purchased $50 worth of therapy toys for Tori to play with at home and was able to get myself a jar of roasted red peppers that sell at Target for $3! I love deals like that.

You are a brave woman. I stay as far away from CEC as I can. That place is like hell on earth for me.

Timberly said...

I actually rather CEC than Incredible Pizza. I do have to watch myself because I tend to want to correct other people's children.